[ib-announce] IBrowse 2.5.7 released

IBrowse Announcements announce at lists.ibrowse-dev.net
Sat Nov 5 17:43:13 GMT 2022

IBrowse 2.5.7 is now available, which is the seventh free update for
registered owners of IBrowse 2.5. IBrowse 2.1-2.4 and 1.x owners may
upgrade to IBrowse 2.5.7 via our store at discounted rates.

Please note: IBrowse 2.5.7 requires AmiSSL 5.5, so you are advised
to download it before updating IBrowse, otherwise you will be left
without HTTPS access.

Both IBrowse 2.5.7 and AmiSSL 5.5 may be downloaded via our website
at http://www.ibrowse-dev.net or with AmiUpdate. AmiSSL 5.5 is also
available from Aminet.

This is a maintenance release with a few fixes and improvements,
including these main changes:

- Reworked Brotli huffman decoder to avoid triggering a bug on the
  68060 processor, which prevented pages from loading
- Tweaks to the loading of external modules
- JavaScript improvements
- Switched to GCC 11, with all warnings enabled, which identified
  numerous previously unknown bugs which have now been fixed
- Hundreds of minor internal changes

See http://www.ibrowse-dev.net/2.5/history.php for the full unedited
list of changes.